Charities & Non-Profit Organisations
ADVANT Beiten is awarded as "Leading Firm" in the Nonprofit Sector.(The Legal 500 Germany 2022)
We advise tax-privileged organisations of all types on the law applicable to non-profits. We strive to implement holistic concepts that take neighbouring areas of law into account, and provide our clients with long-term support.
"The service at Beiten Burkhardt is excellent, extremely fast and you can get in touch with the contact person(s) at any time",
"The foundation law experts understand exactly the needs of foundations and one is made aware of upcoming legal changes in the "industry" at an early stage.",
"Overall, we experience very fast and extremely professional advice on many issues, especially in foundation and tax law, but also beyond. Extremely competent knowledge is available in all areas of law."
(The Legal 500 Germany 2022)
BEITEN BURKHARDT is recommended in the field of Private Clients and Non-Profits.
(The Legal 500 EMEA 2021)
"Excellent team communication.",
"High level of expertise combined with the necessary 'political' and structural feel for nonprofits.",
"The professional diversity of the law firm means that an appropriate specialist partner can be found for every legal topic."
(The Legal 500 Germany 2021)
Due to its ‘very quick and professional advice in foundation and tax law and beyond’, the ‘very cooperative’ team at BEITEN BURKHARDT is considered by many as ‘an ideal partner’; without the ‘aloof manner found in certain other firms, but with clear communication and a pragmatic approach’ the team works closely with notaries, the tax practice and the business valuation practice, has a ‘good network and industry expertise’ and ‘exactly understands the needs of foundations’.
(The Legal 500 EMEA 2019)
Our clients include:
- Non-profit organisations
- Non-profit companies
While our expertise is broad, our work focuses on the following areas:
- Advising on establishment
- Drafting and amending articles of association, taking into account the tax laws applicable to charities (§§ 51 et seq. Fiscal Code)
- Coordinating with tax authorities and/or foundation supervisory authorities
- Assessing and ensuring compliance with the criteria for non-profits
- Advising on restructuring
- Advising bodies and board members on ongoing activities
- Advising on all issues concerning dependent foundations and/or endowment funds
Requirements of tax-privileged organisations
We provide support to boards and board members of tax-privileged organisations on compliance with the special provisions that apply to such organisations, including in relation to the following areas:
- Non-profit law (§§ 51 et. seq. Fiscal Code)
- Law applicable to donations
- Fundraising, sponsoring and the procurement of funds
- Tax law
- Company law
- Labour and social security law
- Compliance, including data protection